We are hiring – We are looking for a Senior Regulatory Consultant
The number of regulations introducing safe use and sustainability requirements or restricting the use hazardous chemicals as such and as part of products (formulations, articles) in the EU has been increasing quickly over the past ten years. This trend is expected to continue. The EU REACH Regulation has been the major driver of this development. An important recent example in the EU is the SCIP database under the revised Waste Framework Directive, which includes a complex notification obligation for suppliers of articles containing certain hazardous substances starting from 5 January 2021. Similar requirements taking the example of EU REACH are also introduced in other jurisdictions, such as in Turkey and the UK (after its withdrawal from the EU). The requirements a typically complex and have to be implemented in a multifaceted business environment. A specific challenge is the granular substance-level regulation, even in the most complex industrial products.
To better serve our corporate and public clients, we are looking for a
Senior Regulatory Consultant
As a consultant, you will:
- Advise REACHLaw’s clients on their regulatory obligations and ways to ensure compliance, especially with EU REACH, CLP, SCIP and in related non-EU jurisdictions, such as UK REACH;
- Perform regulatory studies, e.g. to determine the clients’ obligations and applicable exemptions;
- Track substances of interest in regulatory processes to help our clients monitor a possible obsolescence threat;
- Prepare summaries and updates on relevant regulatory developments;
- For SCIP: Collect data from the client, prepare and submit dossiers in IUCLID to ECHA;
- Support the preparation of position papers and other advocacy-related documents;
- Support the project management of working groups for our clients;
- Support our Sales Team in the preparation of related proposals and wider service development;
- Help develop and maintain REACHLaw’s knowledge management base;
- Deliver presentations to our clients, at marketing and external stakeholder events.
We offer you an interesting position as part of an international team working in the fast developing and multifaceted regulatory field.
To be successful in this job, you would have:
- Education background in one or several areas enabling you to perform the above tasks, such as materials or environmental science, chemistry, law, or a related subject/combination;
- Preferably at least 5 years of work experience within a relevant field in a business setting or at an authority (e.g. ECHA or Member State);
- Ability to translate complex regulatory requirements into concrete compliance roadmaps and business actions for clients;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Skills in other European language are a plus;
- Experience in working on sustainability and/or circular economy related projects is considered a plus;
- Willingness and ability to learn new things quickly and continuously;
- Positive attitude, good communication and project management skills and customer service ability;
- Ability to work independently and effectively in an environment with tight deadlines.
The job can be located at our offices in Espoo, Finland. Possibilities of remote working can be discussed as well.
Additional information is available via email through email@example.com
Send your application letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 18th of October, 2020 at the latest.