We are Hiring!
We are looking for a REACH Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) specialist to join our office in Espoo, Finland.
As our next AoA Specialist you will:
- Work with clients to prepare the Analysis of Alternatives report for their applications for Authorisation to continue their use of a chemical listed on Annex XIV of the REACH Regulation
- Collect information on the technical function of the chemical for the use applied for
- Work with clients on compile a list of potential alternatives and conduct an assessment of the technical feasibility, economic feasibility, risk reduction and availability for each alternative identified
- Collect and compile information from regulatory, industry and academic reports as needed for the preparation of the reports
- Work closely with economists and exposure assessment and risk characterisation experts to prepare the application and shepherd it through the application process
- Write technical reports in English for submission to ECHA
- Answer questions from the ECHA committees relating to any aspect of the report submitted
We offer an interesting position where you will work with clients from all over the EU preparing applications for authorization and shepherding them as they go through the decision-making process. You will work collaboratively in a team with economists and exposure assessment experts and will contribute to application strategy development. You will get a hands-on perspective of the REACH Authorization process.
To be successful in this job, you need to have:
- We are expecting a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Knowledge of REACH is a plus
- Experience writing technical reports in English
- Technically oriented with the capacity of assimilating new concepts quickly
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team and working collegially
- Minimum of master studies in chemistry, chemical engineering or related field
We are looking from someone who enjoys learning new things, works well in a multi-disciplinary team, can deliver to deadline and takes the initiative as needed.
Our office is located in Espoo, Finland.
Send your application and CV by email to email@example.com with the job title in the subject field. The application deadline in on the 27th of November 2020.