The new Circular Economy Action Plan
As part of the European Green Deal, the European Commission has adopted a Circular Economy Action Plan. The Action Plan consists of initiatives and measures to support and achieve the goals of the European Green Deal. This means actions throughout the entire life cycle of products. With the Action Plan, the goal is to elongate and expand the use of resources within the European economy as much as possible.
The new Circular Economy Action presents measures to:
- Make sustainable products the norm in the EU;
- Empower consumers and public buyers;
- Focus on the sectors that use most resources and where the potential for circularity is high such as: electronics and ICT; batteries and vehicles; packaging; plastics; textiles; construction and buildings; food; water and nutrients;
- Ensure less waste;
- Make circularity work for people, regions and cities,
- Lead global efforts on circular economy.
Read more about the new Circular Economy Action Plan, and the European Green Deal here: https://ec.europa.eu/environment/circular-economy/
To find out more about REACHLaw’s support for your Circular Economy-needs, go here: