India BIS Certification Updates: 4 new chemicals/polymers proposed to be added to the BIS List
A new public consultation has started regarding four (4) new chemicals/polymers proposed to be added to the India BIS list. Companies will have now the opportunity to raise their concerns and provide comments by 13 March 2021 regarding following substances:
SYMBOL, TITLE AND DESCRIPTION OF CONTENT
Products (free text): IS 13601: 1993 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Copolymers (HS code…
Products (free text): IS 12795: 2020 Linear Alkyl Benzene (HS code 38170011)
Products (free text): IS 7328:2020 Polyethylene Material for moulding and…
Products (free text): IS 11356: 2020 Styrene-Butadiene Rubber Latex (HS code…
Additionally, on the 11th of January 2021 took place a Chemexcil India stakeholder’s consultation meeting for making BIS standards as mandatory for following substances:
- Carbon Black IS 17440:2020 (HS Code 2803 0000)
- Calcined Alumina IS 17441:2020 (HS Code2818 2010)
- Anhydrous Ammonia IS 662: 2020 (HS Code 2814 1000)
- 1,3 Phenylenediamine IS 17450:2020 (HS Code 2922215130)
- Pearlescent Pigment (HS Code 3206 1110) coated with Titanium dioxide more than 80%. The BIS standard of Titanium Dioxide is available under IS 411:2020 (HS Code 28320010)
- Lauric Acid IS 10931:1984 (HS Code 29159090)
- Acid Oil IS 12029:1986 (HS Code 38231900)
- Palm Fatty Acids IS 12067:1987 (HS Code 38231900)
- Rice Bran Fatty Acids IS 12068:1987 (HS Code 38231900)
- Coconut Fatty Acids IS 12069:1987 (HS Code 38231900)
- Rubber seed Fatty Acids IS 12124:1987 (HS Code 38231900)
- Hydrogenated Rice Bran Fatty Acids IS 12361: 1988 (HS Code 38231900)
Remains to be seen how many of these substances will qualify for notification process at the World Trade Organisation ( WTO).
More information on India BIS certification can be found HERE.
If you need support with India BIS certification application process, please write us an email to email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.