The 5th European Conference on Defence and the Environment ( ECDE)
15th - 16th of June 2022
REACHLaw is attending the 5th European Conference on Defence and the Environment
From 15-16 June, 2022 the 5th European Conference on Defence and the Environment will take place in Paris. This event which is known as Europe’s leading conference on the environmental impact of military activities, will be hosted by the French Ministry for the Armed Forces in partnership with the Ecole de Guerre (the French Military Academy). This conference will gather around 200 military and defence representatives, policymakers, researchers and business representatives from all EU Member States.
Our Senior Legal Advisor, Tim Becker, has been invited to share his experience and to moderate a panel of experts for the workshop on “Banned substances, search for substitutes: which vision for 2030?” that will take place on 15 June. During this workshop with international participants from Ministries of Defence, other authorities and industry the top-notch experts of the panel will share their views and insights on this strategic issue.
The selected group of experts include:
- Matti Vainio, Head of Risk Management Unit II, European Chemicals Agency
- Alexandra Lesage, Project Officer REACH, European Defence Agency
- Tina Branting, Environmental Coordinator, Swedish Defence Materiel Administration
- Massimo Scalvenzi, REACH Manager, Leonardo Company / Chair of the REACH & Chemicals Management Working Group, Aeronautics, Space, Defence and Security Industries (ASD)
- Dr. Nick Campbell, Environment Manager, ARKEMA SA / Chairman, European Fluorocarbons Technical Committee (EFCTC)
- Elodie Simon, Lawyer, Jones Day
If you wish to discuss on how the EU REACH Revision or the requirements under the EU Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability may affect your business, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.